This will protect the shooter against 22LR (40grn @ 1450 fps) and .380 Auto (158 @ 900 fps)
This is hard armor and protects against common handguns calibers, higher velocity rifle rounds, and one steel core "armor piercing" round from calibers as high as 30-06.
II : This protects against the higher velocity 9mm and .357 (1175 fps for 9mm and 1400 fps for .357)
IIA : This is a thin version of Level II and protects against lower velocity 9mm and .357 Mag (1090 fps for 9mm
III : This is hard armor and protects against all common handgun calibers as well as 7.62mm @ 2750 fps.
IIIA : This protects against 9mm thru .44 Magnum up to 1400 fps
III+AR500 Specific/ armor offers enhanced ballistic protection against 5.56x45 M193, 5.56x45 M855/SS109 up to 3,100 feet per second, and 7.62x51 M80 Ball (.308) rifle threats up to 3,000 feet per second, and 7.62x51 AP (Black Tip) up to 2,800 feet per second!
LIABILITY DISCLAIMER - DO NOT PURCHASE ARMOR PRODUCTS WITHOUT READING EVERYTHING BELOW:These plates are not in any way intended nor guaranteed to prevent or mitigate any type of bodily injury or death and should only be used at your own risk. Ratings and test results are not in any way guaranteed and by purchasing or using these plates the purchaser or user waives for themselves as well as for their heirs, assigns, and agents the right to any claims for damages of any kind, whether known or unknown, in law or in equity, whether past, present, or future, against Steel Ops Ltd. as well as any associate, vendor, staff, heir, or employee thereof.
BY ATTEMPTING TO PURCHASE BODY ARMOR FROM Darkhorse Armor LLC YOU ARE AGREEING, WARRANTING, AND CONFIRMING ALL OF THE FOLLOWING;
- You are a legal US Citizen and at least 18 years of age
- You are legally allowed to posses and purchase the item
- You reside in a state that allows the purchase and possession of the item
- You are of sound mind and judgement and responsible for any misuse of a Darkhorse Armor LLC product
- There is no guarantee or warranty of any kind implied or given for the item and all items are sold as is
- You are not a fugitive, felon, nor do you intend to use the item in any unlawful manner
- You are not purchasing the item under duress nor for anyone who does not meet these requirements
- You are not a resident of Connecticut
- NOTICE: Level III and IV body armor plates are regulated by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and are subject to the export control laws of the US Government.
Export or re-transfer of Level III or IV plates by any means to any foreign end user, or for any other end use, whether inside the US or abroad, without the written approval of the
US Department of State, is prohibited. The sale, transfer, transportation, or shipment outside the US of any product prohibited or restricted for export without complying with US export control laws and regulations, including proper export licensing, documentation or authorization, is strictly prohibited and may result in civil penalties and/or constitute a federal crime.
You understand that body armor is not bullet proof—IT IS ONLY BULLET RESISTANT, and if a bullet strikes you there is always a risk you will be injured or killed; and you are smart enough to know better than to test body armor by wearing it and being shot with a firearm.